Thursday, October 3, 2013

Half Way There- Round 2

Y'all, this pregnancy is flying by!  Like in a blink we've gone from the shock of expecting again to being past the halfway point...insane.  It is pretty clear why life seems to be passing so rapidly---we've had A LOT going on.  Just in the past 3 weeks, I've transitioned jobs (fyi- I've never loved a job more than spending every minute with Lil P), we've put our house on the market and went under contract within one week, which brought about house hunting, AND we had the all important and fun gender reveal ultrasound...I told you, crazy.busy.  All of this has left very little time for me to rest and relax, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  We are in the process of making changes to have life work as a family of four and I couldn't be more excited! :)

Now that you all are semi caught up on life, how about a little mama/baby catch-up?!?!  As mentioned above, we had the gender ultrasound last week and confirmed found out baby #2 is a BOY :)  This was no shock to me, as I've known #2 was a boy from the get go...just something about a mother's intuition.   
So with the news, comes a name :)  We have chosen to name our new bundle...

 Stone Osborne Sellers  

There is no significance around "Stone"--just a name we both liked.  We knew we wanted an "s" name, so that Mr. S and his first son would have the same initials--SOS :)  We also wanted a name that was strong and solid.  "Osborne" is a passed down family name.  Mr. S, his dad, and his granddad all had/have this as their middle name...pretty cool, huh?!?!  I love that we can now call him by his name!  I've been talking to Lily about Stone more and more, in hopes she will start to understand her new role as big sister :)  All I can say is that we are over the moon excited to be welcoming a baby boy into our family.   



How Far Along? 20 weeks, 1 day-CRAZINESS I tell you
Size of the Wee One? A banana...about 7 inches long and weighs about 10.5 ounces
Maternity Clothes? Unfortunately, yes. Much sooner than with Lily.  Jeans are a necessity these days so the maternity ones have made there way back into the normal rotation. However, I had forgotten how comfortable and forgiving they are...seriously I don't know why us ladies don't adopt these into our everyday wardrobe!  
I am still using most of my normal clothes up top and dresses are still working fine too.  However, most days you'll find me in my new "uniform"--workout clothes...throw on some pants, a loose fitting tank and sports bra, and a jacket and I am good to go :)
Weight Gain? This is ALWAYS my least favorite part. As of right now, I am up 8-9 pounds. About the same as with Lily.  I am making a conscious effort to be active 4-5 days a week.  Trying to stay in shape because I know it will pay off in the long run!
Stretch Marks? No, however I haven't been as psycho about lotions and potions this time around.
Gender? A baby boy!!!  Bring on the balls, cars, and action figures :)
Sleep? Pretty good.  I go to bed around 10:30 PM and wake up at 7AM.  I usually have an hour to enjoy my 1 cup of coffee each day before Lily is ready to rise and shine.

Cravings? Red meat, pizza, fruit, cereal, hot peppers, green olives, bagels
What I Miss? A game day cocktail!  Football season has arrived and this is the second season in a row that I can't enjoy a yellowhammer or two...I plan to make up for it next year :)
Symptoms? Tiredness...I rarely feel rested.  Puffiness, congestion and did I mention I'm always tired??!??!
Belly Button? In
Best Moment? Finding out #2 is a boy!  I'm so happy for our family (in particular Mr. S)...I know he loves his little girl with all his heart, but I'm so excited to see him take on the role as a boy dad.  He is going to be the best :) I can just picture him and Stone out throwing football, playing golf, fishing...seriously such a special moment finding out we will have a sweet baby boy come February! :)  Oh, and it doesn't hurt that I hear boys LOVE their mama's!



"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."
                                                              1 Samuel 1:27

1 comment: