Friday, May 30, 2014

Mother's Day 2014---




This Mother's Day was more than I could've imagined...what can I say, life with two littles is even better than with one!  I got to spend time with my mini's, was pampered a bit by my hubby and was able to honor the three other mom's in my life- my mom, my mother-in-law and my grandmother.  

We spent most of the weekend in Birmingham and it was great!  We arrived Friday night and were greeted with burgers, hotdogs and drinks...yum, yum.  Saturday we enjoyed visiting with my family- grandparents, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews and especially special my aunt, uncle and cousin who had never met my two littles.  There was lots of banana pudding used to win sassy over :)  Such a fun day filled with laughs, food and of course pictures :)













Saturday night, we snuck away for a little concert action.  It was fun to take the night and let my hair down with Slade, Josh and Neeley.  Usually one of us is babysitting for the other, so we appreciated Sugar and Boss giving us a night to enjoy together.

I slept in Sunday (which was needed after the night before!), enjoyed a delish breakfast courtesy of Boss and enjoyed the morning with my mom!  Around noon, we loaded up and made our way back to Atlanta, so that we could celebrate Slade's mom with all of his family.  We met up at Marietta Square and had a great dinner (even if I did have to go against all our rules for Lily and give into her having her paci, blanket and watching Mickey at the dinner table...desperate times!).   It is so wonderful to have most of Slade's side of the family in Atlanta now :)

Being able to spend time with and honor these ladies makes all the travel with two under two worth it!  We are so blessed with mothers who raised us, love us, support us and would do anything for us.

This day means more to me now than it did before.  Being a mom makes you realize how much love your own mom has for you.  I couldn't imagine my life without my two mini's!  They have given me a different love then I've ever experienced before, not to mention, have given me a better perspective on life.  I love being a mom and couldn't imagine a better calling for my life!

I leave this post with a letter to my mom...a lady I love and cherish more than she will ever know...

Dear Mom,
You are my best friend and I couldn't imagine my life without you.  You are always there when I need a listening ear, always there to support me, always there no matter what!  Not only is are you a great mom, but you are the best Sugar :)  No doubt that Lily and Stone will beg me to spend the night with you in years to come...and I can't blame them.  I love you more than you will ever know.  I hear you daily in my head as I attempt to raise my children with the values, manners and love that you instilled in us.  Happy Mother's Day Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment