Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lillian Pace- 39 Weeks



How Far Along? 39 weeks, 1 Day- Lily is about 19-21 Inches & 6.5-7.5 Pounds!
Size of the Baby? Full blown WATERMELON!

Maternity Clothes? Anything that will fit over this belly of mine J SO ready for a non-maternity shopping spree!
Weight Gain? 21 lbs…still trying to fit in 2-3 miles of walking a day & some CrossFit throughout the week.

Stretch Marks? The obsessive behavior w/ lotions & potions has paid off…NO stretch marks for me…WOOHOO J
Gender? Pink, pink, pink…Lillian Pace!

Movement? Yes & it is the thing I’m going to miss most.  Love feeling her hiccup, ball up & move around!
Wedding Rings? On! So thankful my swelling has been minimal.

Sleep? Can’t complain---not great but not horrible…I think I’m as prepared as possible for middle of the night feedings, since I haven’t slept a full night in months!
Food Cravings? Nothing heavy…mostly cereal, fruit, yogurt & toast.  & TONS of water!

What I Miss? Being able to tie my shoes without propping my foot up on a chair…the little things that seem to be tasks now.
Symptoms? Well, as of Thursday, we didn’t have any changes---still 1 cm dilated, 80-90% effaced & Little Miss is super low!!! Doctor said they doubt I make it to my due date, but I’m not buying it J I’ve had bouts of random contractions, upset stomach & tons of pressure.

Belly Button? I’ve been told it is no longer in, but not completely out, so I guess we’ll call it flat?!?!?!
Best Moment of the Week? We had a BUSY week!  My office threw us a baby shower & WOW—I’m so blessed to work with a group of such caring & generous people.  Lily was gifted with her pack-n-play, monitor, blanket & hat, toys & much more.  Mr. S & I also attended 2 parties, saw a movie (which never happens), got a ton of Christmas shopping done & got to meet Miss Caroline Marie Fowler (Lily’s future BFF)!     

What I’m Looking Forward To? Having this baby!!!  I’m trying not to wish the time away, but man is it hard.  I’m SO ready to meet & hold Lily J 


1 comment:

  1. I was 1cm and 50% effaced for weeks and my docs told me the same thing and I ended up going past my due date. But before you think I'm being all "negative nancy" let me tell you the good part...INDUCTION. I was induced and it was AWESOME. I went to the hospital the night of my due date and spent the night. They gave me a dose of a drug called cytotec that helps to dilate you and I slept. At around 1am, they checked me again and I hadn't progressed enough, so they gave me another dose. By morning I was dilated enough to have pitocin and have my water broken. Once they broke my water, they offered me a drug called nubain. I took it and literally didn't feel a single contraction. Justin would watch the monitor and see huge spikes but I felt nothing. It was great. I got the epidural when I was able to and still felt nothing. I labored all day and never felt a thing. It was incredible. My entire family and my husband's family were in the room with me all day and it was nice to be able to talk to them and not be in any pain. I told Justin that I totally want to be induced for number 2. Not sure if you've read it, but I made a post on my labor and delivery. It's here:
    http://justinandmarciemorris.blogspot.com/2012/01/labor-delivery.html

    (Keep in mind that in this post I also talk about Carter's delivery which was NOT as nice as the laboring...his cord was wrapped around his ankle which made delivery extremely difficult but chances are, that won't happen to you so don't get discouraged if you read that post). Very long post though, I just wanted all the details to be documented :) I can't wait to see pictures of sweet Lily!!!

    ReplyDelete