Sunday, April 14, 2013

Toughest Event on the Planet...

Last Friday, we loaded up and headed to Augusta for Slade to run the "toughest event on the planet"...aka the Tough Mudder!  This is the second year for Mr. S to join this awesome group of men to take on the 12 mile course & 21 obstacles along the way.




The event started off much better than last year---the weather was BEAUTIFUL :)  Much different from the coldest, most windy weekend of the year in 2012 when we both ran the race.  I will admit, once we got there, I was bummed I decided to sit this year out (I was still preggers when Slade registered & just wasn't sure if I'd be up for it).  But it was really fun to run around taking pictures & cheering for this sweet guy!


And then this made me glad I was on the spectator side....the Artic Enema





The team ran the whole course together & pushed each other to do his best...a true example of camaraderie! 



And they had a little fun along the way :)





Finally conquered Mt. Everest!



So fun to watch & cheer for our men together :)





The best & biggest fan club of the day :)


My muddy Tough Mudder! 
So proud of him.  Even with a demanding work schedule right now, studying & trying to get in as much family time as possible, he finished all the obstacles & wasn't completely dead at the end :)  

After the race, we headed to eat some Mexican (because we ALL worked so hard that morning!), then rushed back to pick up all the kiddos!  

Lily spent the night & day with the Gays (the Masseys's friends & neighbors).  While it was hard & sad to leave her, it was the smart decision!  She had a great time with her new friends :)



The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying time with the Masseys and the Links.  It was so nice to have some down time to play with the kids, relax & have adult catch up time over some Catan playing (in case anyone is wondering, I lost BIG time...probably should play more than once or twice a year!).

Already looking forward to Tough Mudder weekend 2014! 







2 comments:

  1. Funny story, the very first time we left Carter overnight with Nana was so that Justin could do the exact same race. What's sad is how many people let their "opinions" out about how being that young I should never have left Carter overnight....made me feel like a bad mom. I say whatever! Everyone is different and EVERY mom, even the perfect ones, need a break to spend time with their husband. I mean, that is where it all came from right?!? Justin loves tough mudders. I think the electroshock therapy is enough to scare me away from doing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete