Monday, August 12, 2013

All Things Baby #2

Sorry it has taken me a couple of weeks to get my act together, but here are all the fun details on sweet Baby S #2!  

First off, we can not thank our friends & family enough for the sweet well wishes & excitement surrounding our new bundle of joy.  Sharing the news was SO much fun!  It is pure joy to know #2 is loved by so many special people :)  

I know the news of adding another little one to our family was a bit of a shock to most everyone, so here are some answers to questions I've gotten about our "little" news...

1. When are you due?  

My official due date is February 19, 2014!  We apparently like having holiday babies :)  This little one will come almost 7 years, to the day, of mine & Slade's first date.

2. Was this pregnancy planned?  
Well, without sharing to much information, it wasn't prevented ;)  Slade & I have loved every minute of this journey of parenthood.  Adding another baby to the mix was something that excited us...after all we both want a big family!  So we decided to let it happen in His time, which wasn't long at all :)

3. Do you know what you're having?  
Not yet, but don't worry, we will be finding out in another month or so!  Slade & I both knew Lily was a girl from the get go---this time around, I'm convinced #2 is a boy, but Slade goes back and forth.  Boy or girl, we don't really care :)

4. Will you be documenting this pregnancy like you did with Lily?  
I'm going to do my best!  I'm a little busier this time around ;)  I will definitely do trimester updates and try my hardest to update every couple of weeks.

5. Will you continue to workout?  
So far, I've kept with working out 3-4 times a week.  I admit---I've been SO tired that it is harder to motivate myself this go round, but I know it is best for me and babe so I'm going to keep with it :)

6. What about another nursery?  
OH another nursery!  I'm super excited to decorate another baby room & do something a little different this time...I'm thinking brighter colors.  We will be converting our guest room to #2's room & adding a daybed to Lily's room for guests (aka Sugar & Bebe in those first months weeks!).  We are also blessed to be getting another (yes we will have two under one roof!) baby bed from Slade's sister, so all the furniture for the new nursery is taken care of!

7. Will you continue to work with two babies?  
The short answer is NO :)  My company was acquired in June and with that comes a lot of change.  I was hired on a 3 month temporary basis that ends in mid-September.  After much conversation and prayer, Slade & I have decided I will stay home with our babes!  I am beyond excited and thankful for the opportunity to spend more time with Lily & #2 when he/she arrives.  Of course, this will come with a lifestyle change, but I know that change will be well worth it :)  

So there you have it, all caught up on the newest bundle of joy!  I'll be back with a 1st trimester update later this week....to sum it up, I'm constantly tired :)




I leave you with this sweet picture....Baby S #2 at 12 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment