Friday, August 23, 2013

First Trimester- Baby S #2

WOOHOO!  
We (yes, it is a group effort) made it through the first trimester...joy, joy, joy :)  As crazy as it sounds, this time around wasn't nearly as bad.  Maybe it was the fact I knew what I was in for, or maybe it is because every baby is different, or just maybe it is because #2 is indeed a boy....whatever the reason, I thank the good Lord for allowing me to enjoy these last 14 weeks a little more than I did the first time around!  Now, I'm not saying it has been a walk in the park.  I was nauseous for a good three weeks (glamorous, right?), but unlike with Lily, it came in waves, instead of hanging around all. day. long.  I've been super tired-like going to bed when the sun is still out tired.  I've also been a little more emotional, wanting to eat only fattening foods and not in the mood to workout at all.

Now to the beloved bump photo & update...

Yes, I'm aware, this is a terrible picture, but I'm just keeping it real!  My mornings of having an extra 5 or so minutes to set up my camera & snap just the right picture are out the door.  This is what you get when you're halfway ready & your hubby snaps a pic of you while he is rushing out the door :)

How Far Along? 14 Weeks, 2 Days~ Hello 2nd trimester :)
Size of the Baby? According to What to Expect #2 is the size of an avocado!

Maternity Clothes? Not yet- lots of dresses & my more forgiving pants.  I have a feeling my maternity pants will be making an appearance sooner than later.
Weight Gain? 4 pounds....just like the first time around, my goal is to keep it under 30.

Stretch Marks?  Lots of lotions and potions again :)  Warding off these at all costs.
Gender? Pink or Blue, we aren't sure!  Will find out in 4 weeks of so.  Mama thinks boy and Daddy is undecided.

Movement? None yet...this is what I'm most looking forward to.  I LOVED feeling Lily move and have missed it so much.
Wedding Rings? On

Sleep? So, so- between nature calling, my mommy ears hearing every sound possible, and being back to sleeping on my side, I'm up a good 2-3 times a night...BOO :(
Food Cravings? Hot pepperoncini peppers, pizza and carbs~bring on the bread and potatoes!

What I Miss? Hum...sushi and wine.  Oh and the desire to do anything active....my 5am workouts have been few a far between the last couple of months :(  
Symptoms? Oh so tired!  Along with nausea, bloating, congestion and a couple emotional moments!

Belly Button? In---ugh the dreaded belly button grossness again.
Best Moment of the Week? Feeling like myself again...for the most part!  I actually managed to cook four nights last week :)   

What I’m Looking Forward To? Finding out if #2 is a boy or girl.  I'm dying to know so I can start planning the nursery & buying matching outfits for Lily and the new babe! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment