Thursday, March 20, 2014

Stone Osborne- 1 Month

Sweet Stone,
I can not believe you've been in our family for a whole month...it has flown by!  With your sister, days seemed so long, but with you every minute, hour and day passes in a blink of an eye.  We have had so much fun getting to know your sweet, gentle, easy personality!  I feel a bit spoiled :)




Like your sister, your growth has been slow but steady.  Breastfeeding is going much better this time around, but not without a lot of work (cue the pumping, herbs, water consumption and more pumping to help supply!).  This first month you've been super sleepy when eating, so that has made your weight gain a bit of a challenge as well.  I'm constantly trying to wake you!  You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and 4-5 hours at night.  I really appreciate those longer stretches of shut eye at night :)


I have to say, you're a content baby!  You rarely cry.  Diaper changes and after bath lotion time seem to be the only triggers for your sweet little sheep cry.

You love to be held which we aren't fighting nearly as hard this time around!  I know how quickly this newborn stage passes, and I gladly pick you up and hold you a good bit of the day.  Those snuggle are the best :)  You're napping in your crib once a day and other naps are taken in the Nap Nanny or the MamaRoo.  As for nighttime sleep, we haven't transitioned you to your room yet.  Because your room and sister's room are next to each other, we decided it best to wait until you're sleeping consistently thru the night before moving you (the last thing we need is two crying babies!).  Last but not least in the sleep department, you love to be swaddled just like big sis :) 



During your awake time, we have station rotation :)  I'm happy to report you like tummy time...hooray!!!  You have a strong neck and have been moving it side to side since we brought you home.  You also really enjoy the MamaRoo and stroller rides outside.  We've ventured out for a good bit of walks and playground time this month--thanks be to God for the nice weather :)  This outdoor time has been good for everyone's soul!  





One thing is for sure, you make the cutest, funniest faces.  I swear there are times you look like a little old man!  Whether it is an "I'm getting ready to cry" face, a "what are you looking at" face or a sweet sleepy smile, you bring pure joy to our hearts.  

This is the "I'm sick of taking pictures....someone hold me" face :)
I don't see this lip often, from this happy boy, but when I do it melts me!

You have fit into our family just perfectly!  After this first month, I can't imagine life without you.  Life as a family of four has been even better than we imagined :)  You are such a blessing little man.  We love you so much!

Stats:

Weight-
7 pounds, 7.5 ounces
2%

Height-
21 inches
25%

Head Circumference-
14.5 inches
20%

Food-
100% Mama's milk

Eyes-
Blue

Hair-
Brown and fuzzy :)  Seems to be thinning up top a bit too.

Clothes-
Newborn and some 0-3 months

Diapers-
Newborn Swaddlers

No comments:

Post a Comment