Thursday, March 6, 2014

Life with 2 Under 2- The First Meeting

Our time in the hospital was short and sweet...just the way I like it.  There is nothing more annoying than having your temp and blood pressure checked every four hours.  We had lots of sweet visitors come to see our little man (and maybe us?!?!).  Having our loved ones come spend time with us meant so much and helped the two days pass rather quickly.  While we loved seeing our family and friends, we missed Lily so much!  She was our most important and anticipated visitor. 


Since Stone decided to arrive at night (past priss pots bedtime), Lily spent the night with Chef and Nene.  While we were both sad she wasn't there to meet her brother immediately after he was born, we knew it was best for her to stay on schedule.  After eating a good breakfast, they brought her to the hospital to meet her little brother :)


I'm not sure I'd call it "love at first sight", but she was definitely curious about the new little guy. She held him, kissed him (this had my heart jumping for joy), touched his face and hands, and didn't want anyone to take him away from her.  


She was also really clingy to me....at one point she wrapped her arms around me, laid her head on my shoulder and held on tight for a good three or so minutes.  If you know this busy girl, that never happens!  She will never know how much I needed that hug...it is hard to wrap your head around welcoming a new child and the new love that comes with that bond before you experience it.  I admit, in the last few weeks of pregnancy I started to question how I would love another child as much as Lily and also question if Lily would hate me for turning her world upside down...dramatic I know!  Well those fears were all taken away with that hug.  My heart grew a million times once I met Stone and was comforted to know Lily still needed and wanted her Mama with that hug...these kids are the best! :)


After a couple of minutes of checking Mr. Stone out and hugging Mama and Dada, she was over it.  And by over it, I mean over it all!  She is not a fan of the hospital, I guess.  Lily's hospital visit was short and sweet, but man it was what we all needed!


The next day, big sister joined Sugar in helping us all get home from the hospital.  Lily was a little confused, but overall really enjoyed (and has continued to like) having a friend in the backseat :)


Since we have arrived home, everything has fallen into place.  Tyde has taken to Stone pretty well (although he is neglected at this point for sure...but so is everyone else that is under 2!).  Lily seems to really love her little brother and is constantly looking for him, waving at him, calling his name, etc...warms my heart :)  

I can't wait to see how these two grow together, play together, interact....fun, fun times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment