Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines 2013

Valentines Day will always hold a special place in my heart- it marks the anniversary of mine & Slade's 1st date :) 6 years ago we went out to dinner at 2 Urban Licks & now here we are!

In the past, we've celebrated V-day in different ways- fancy dinners out, dinner at home, a surprise Cirque Du Soleil show...all fun & romantic in their own ways. This year we added a new valentine & it was so much fun to wake up to her smiling face :) 


Since I'm still home on maternity leave (which I wish would never end!), I woke up a bit early to surprise the Mr. with some of his favorites- cinnamon rolls & bacon! I made the rolls into hearts...so festive....thanks Pinterest! 


 Mr. S ate his "real" breakfast (which is rare on a weekday) while I fed Lily. It was so nice to sit and spend some good time together before the day started. Lily wanted to give her Daddy his gift early in the day, so he could show it off at work! :)


Our day of LOVE continued with some good naps & cuddle time until Dad came home early from work (I didn't feel well throughout the day, so he allowed me to rest before our guests arrived for dinner). Before another nap for me, Slade gave Lily & me our gifts- sweet pearl earrings, chocolate covered strawberries (my FAV!) & a baby Edible Arrangement! Such a sweet & thoughtful husband I have! :)






We stayed in for dinner & cooked steaks cooked on the Egg, grilled asparagus, sweet potatoes, drank good wine & had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert---YUM! Papa & Rosie joined us for dinner & visiting...they were in town for a work function & we are so glad they came to stay & have some QT time with us.



Overall, it was a wonderful day of love in our house this Valentines Day!  It seems everyday is better with Lily! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment