Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Two Tuesdays- Life With 2 Under 2

Hey Friends!  

I'm happy to report we have survived the first week of life with two babies!  I confess we probably couldn't have done it without the help of both our moms - they are such gifts!  I'm sure most of you have either read or calculated the age difference between Lily and Stone, but just in case you haven't, our mini's are exactly fourteen months apart.  I know what you're thinking---these crazy OCD accountants and their planning, but let me assure you, this was all God's timing and not ours :)  

Because of the age difference (or lack there of), we didn't really know what to expect once Stone arrived.  All the unknown that comes with a newborn is elevated when you have a sibling to consider too.  Because this is new territory for us, I thought it'd be fun to track how each week goes with two under two!  While it isn't all fun and games, the first week went surprisingly better than I expected...I think I was preparing for the worst, so I wouldn't be disappointed :)

Stone:  Little man is doing awesome!  He has proven to be laid-back and easy so far.  He is eating like a champ--every 2-3 hours.  And I'm happy to report breastfeeding is going much better this time :)  No tears from this mama....woohoo!  Like most week olds, he spends a lot of time sleeping and eating.  He loves the sun and outside.  We went on a short walk and to the park this week and he didn't make a peep...he is very content and happy!

Lily:  Priss pot has taken to her new little brother much better than I expected.  I was a little nervous after her less than excited reaction in the hospital, but once we got home she has done great!  She is sweet and interested in her baby :)  She looks for him, kisses him (melts my heart), wants to hold him and has just overall been really gentle with him...praise God!  We were a little afraid she would be jealous of the time we'd need to give Stone, but Lily has really seemed unphased.  

Mommy:  Overall, I can't complain.  Postpartum is much easier the second time around.  I'm not nearly as stressed or emotional as I was with Lily.  I think going into to this change with no expectations has really helped.  I'm getting between five and six hours of sleep a night...albeit interrupted, but sleep nonetheless.  I also try to lay down during Lily's afternoon nap everyday.  The biggest challenge so far has been figuring out how to juggle both minis while trying to find time to eat, clean and do laundry, but I think another week or two and I'll have it down pat!

Daddy: Who are we kidding??  He's always awesome!  Love that guy!

So in short, the first week of two under two has been WAY better than expected :)  Now lets see how this next week by myself goes...






No comments:

Post a Comment