Friday, November 22, 2013

Kitchen Update #1

Well the day is here...moving day!  
I am feeling sad, excited, thankful, overwhelmed and a bit anxious.  Overall, I know this move is going to be great for us, but I can't help but feel a big attachment to our first home.  It is where we started as a family of two, added a crazy puppy to our lives, brought our first child home...so many fun memories.  
We will miss you 4062 Christacy Way!

Luckily, I've had a good bit of things keeping me occupied, so I really haven't had too much time to mourn this change.  One big item is the kitchen renovation of our new home.  Last week, we met with our designers and have finally finalized the new layout!  What a relief :)  Initially we were trying to stay with the same footprint, but after some thought, drawings and lots of talking, we decided we needed to relocate the stovetop and add an island.  So without further adieu, here is what our new kitchen will look like...







BIG changes ahead!  
We will be going with all white cabinetry with a shaker style door on all cabinets and drawers.  For hardware, I'm thinking classic cup pulls for the drawers and traditional knobs for the doors.  
Similar to these...

Still not set on type of counters...my budget is only so big!  I know we will be going with a white/gray feel, but whether we find a granite that will work is in question.  My husband and pocketbook hope so, as quartz is a good bit more expensive.  Backsplash and wall paint will depend on counters, so stay tuned :)

In addition to these changes, we will be expanding the laundry room, updating the flooring, adding new lighting to dining room and foyer and getting rid of the popcorn ceilings (hello 70's!) along the way!

I can't wait to show you the transformation!  Estimated completion is six weeks, so you can expect lots of renovation updates to come :)  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment