Tuesday, July 10, 2012

17 Weeks- Baby S's First Race

WOW it has been a hot summer so far!  Thank goodness for air conditioning & the pool.  Mr. S & I stayed in town for the 4th of July this year, which happened to fall on my 17th week of pregnancy.  It is an annual tradition that the Mr. & I run the Peachtree Road Race 10K on the 4th & this year was no different.  Although I haven't been running as much recently (mainly due to the hot weather), I decided that since we had an early start & have been staying pretty active, I would give it a go!  While it wasn't my fastest 10K time, I'm proud I finished in 1:05....it was also Baby S's first race too!  He/She did very good job at helping Mommy remember the race was just for fun & to take it easy :)  Here we are after the race-the sweaty look is good on us- right!??!?!


We had a great time running together & celebrating the 4th after w/ a day of grilling and pool time.  So thankful to the men & women who fight for our freedoms and serve our country!


As for this week of pregnancy, here is the bump shot :)





How far along? 17 weeks, 1 Day
Size of the baby? Onion
Maternity Clothes? Wearing a lot of dresses!
Weight Gain: 6 lbs
Stretch Marks? Not yet- praying those stay far away J
Gender? We are getting closer and closer to finding out- July 20th will be the big reveal!
Movement? Little butterfly feelings a couple of times a day.  Can't wait for Slade to be able to feel out little one move too. 
Sleep? Good, except for the need to use the restroom 2-3 times a night.
Food Cravings? Still a really random variety- Mexican, pasta, pickles, olives, fruit, yogurt.
What I Miss: Sushi---I really have wanted it a couple of times recently.
Symptoms? Still feeling really good!
Best Moment of the Week? Getting the butterfly feelings while at work- makes the day that much better :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment