Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Burpee's While Pregnant!?!??!

When I found out I was pregnant, one of the first things I started researching was exercise while carry a baby.  For the past 5 years, daily exercise has been extremely important to me---it is something I have grown to love and appreciate.  There is something about giving myself an hour or so a day to focus solely on ME!  Call it selfish, but that time allows me to clear my head, de-stress and re-focus on what is truly important in life.   

11 Weeks Preggo! 

SO when I found out we were expecting our bundle of joy, I knew exercise was going to still be a part of my daily routine, however, I wasn’t sure how.  You see, my main exercise is running, Crossfit & yoga.  After running 4 half marathons, a full marathon & numerous shorter races, I couldn’t imagine not running for 9 months.  Lucky for me, running is a safe way to stay active while pregnant!  Really any activity is, as long as you were doing the activity prior to getting pregnant…music to my ears! J 
 Disney Half Marathon- 2011
 RNR New Orleans Full Marathon- 2012

CFM Endurance Team
Although I have had to modify some moves in Crossfit & during yoga, I’m still able to get in great workouts.  For example, if there are burpees in a WOD, I will set up a station with two 45# plates & an abmat so there is a little room for the growing bump!   Or sometimes I’ll scale down weight…all of which is ok (this was a mental struggle in itself to get over!). 
Crossfit Family
You see, in my opinion, pregnancy isn’t an excuse to let yourself go.  It is common to hear people say that “pregnancy is as excuse to eat anything you want” or “this is the only time you can gain weight and it is ok because you’re pregnant”, but I think it is best for both baby and mom to stay as healthy as possible during this incredible time.  Now don’t get me wrong, this mama is a sucker for pizza, cake & chips, but all in moderation.  Overall, my goal is to continue to stay active, 5 days a week, until we meet Lily in December...for myself and for our sweet baby girl! J

 *Note- I am not a doctor- these are my opinions, solely meant for entertainment purposes.  Consult a doctor before any exercise, as all people and pregnancies are different.*

No comments:

Post a Comment