Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baby Gear- Part 2

Happy Thursday, Friends!  This week is flying by for me...woohoo!!!  I've had a couple great days at work, hung out with Mr. S a couple of evenings (when he isn't studying) & have gotten in some great workouts this week :)  & tonight, we are headed to the Sugerland concert!  A fun "school night" date...I'll take it!   
 
Ok, ok enough about our boring lives, I know you all are dying to see part 2 of operation "baby gear", so I won't delay any longer!  Since we covered most of the "big" gear in part 1, here are some smaller, but just as important, items we've picked for our sweet girl....
 
SKIP*HOP Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym- An activity mat is a must for playtime/tummy time.  A great way for the baby to interact and start developing coordination, so we knew we would want one for Lily.  We picked this one because we liked the different textures, sounds, colors & patterns, plus it isn't too obnoxious...some of the options I couldn't live with day in and out! 
Dr. Brown's Bottles-  I have only heard wonderful things about these bottles from the internet, other blogs & Mom's, so it was a no brainer on which bottles to register for when we got to this section.  Dr. Brown's bottles are BPA free, and the design helps minimize colic, spit up & gas.  While I do plan to breastfeed & wait a couple of week to introduce the bottle to Lily,  I know these will come in handy for those middle of the night feedings Mr. S will be performing! :)

aden + anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets- I don't really think these need any description as they are the most common swaddling blanket on the market!  Made from soft, mulsin fabric, these blankets are breathable and light.  Plus the cute prints don't hurt either :)

Brica Day & Night Light Musical Mirror- Once again, a suggestion from my sister, this rear facing carseat mirror is the perfect solution for being able to keep an eye on Lily at all times (I promise I'll still watch the road too)!  Equipped with a remote controlled light (for the nighttime) & music, along with crash testing success, I'll be able to make sure Little Miss is ok at all times :)

cloud b Sleep Sheep- How cute is this?!?!?!  A pleasant looking noise machine---sign me up!  The Sleep Sheep has 4 soothing sounds to help Miss Lily sleep peacefully (so we hope!) from day one.  This sheep can sit in the room or connect to the bed, plus is small enough to travel with & has a timer.  Maybe I should get one of these for myself!

 
Lamaze Toys- Lily is going to have a ball chewing, grasping & looking at these fun, colorful toys!  Easily interchangeable from carseat to playmat, these toys will be in tow from the get go.

 
Puj Tub- Love the idea of a foldable/collapsible tub!  This easy to store, easy on the eyes tub will fit in our sink for Lily's first several of months of bathing (insert huge smile on my face thinking of bathing our baby girl!) :)  While she will outgrow this faster than some others on the market, I think this makes the most sense for us now.
 
 
Well I think that is it for operation baby gear!  While this is only a  small selection of things we will need/want for Lily's arrival, I hope it gives someone out there some guidance or at least entertainment! :)  I also think it'll be fun to see if my opinion changes after a couple of months of using these products...I'm sure Little Miss will have her own opinion/preference on some of the items & Mommy will have been completely wrong!   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment