Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lillian Pace- 24 Weeks!

Happy Tuesday friends! 

I hope you all are having a great week so far.  Mr. S & I are winding down our weeks today & will be leaving for a much needed vacation on Thursday!  This baby bump will be sporting a bikini for 5 days & eating as much seafood as possible...pure bliss :) 

A not so blissful thought, but one that has to be decided on, is the one of childcare for Lily once she arrives & Mommy goes back to work :(  While it has taken me a couple months to muster the guts to dive head first into this task, Mr. S & I are starting the process tomorrow.  We'll be meeting/interviewing a private nanny and a school...we would appreciate prayer for guidance in picking the perfect place for our baby.

Well it is that time again- time for a baby update.  Lillian Pace is growing rapidly these days!  Her face is fully formed, she can hear sound & baby fat is accumulating...can't wait to see those chubby cheeks :)   

 

How Far Along? 24 weeks, 1 Day---10.5 Inches & 1.5 Pounds
Size of the Baby? Cantaloupe
Maternity Clothes? Maternity pants, but everything else is regular!  I think I’ll try to just buy up a size for my fall/winter clothing purchases…it is hard to find cute maternity tops.  
Weight Gain: Around 13 lbs.—the mantra I chant in my head each time I get on the scale...”I’m not getting fat, I’m carrying our baby girl”…it seems to help & keep things in perspective!
Stretch Marks? None—Woohoo!
Gender? Girl, girl, girl J
Movement? Continues to be the greatest parts of my day!  She is moving every couple of hours during the day…every time I feel her it puts a big smile on my face!  She is the best J
Wedding Rings? On!
Sleep? Still ok- side sleeping is just NOT comfortable to me at all.  I wake up 4-6 times a night to readjust, use the restroom, etc. 
Food Cravings? Haven’t really had any real cravings this week, however, my favorite meal of the week was Josh’s (my brother-in-law) spaghetti!!!  Lily & I LOVE it J
What I Miss: Good sleep, my legs not rubbing together when I walk & sushi!!!
Symptoms? The occasional lower backache, if I stand for a long period of time, & sciatica has returned on the left side, but other than that I’m feeling good!  No leg cramps, swelling, or headaches.  I’m also happy to report my craziness only lasted a couple of days!  I think it was just a combination of being home alone for a weekend & hormones…I want to thank Mr. S for being so wonderful and understanding during my "flip out" momentsJ  
Belly Button? In!  Also this week, I have told Lily she is never allowed to get a bellybutton ring.  While I haven’t had mine in since I was 17, you can still see the holes & it is not pretty the bigger my stomach gets….oh why didn’t I think about this at the “smart, know it all” age of 15?!?!?
Best Moment of the Week? There were a couple this week--- 1. Mr. S talking to Lily every day/night!  It makes my heart SO happy J  Here are just a couple of things he told her this week…. “I love you so much sweet girl”, “I can’t wait to kiss your little lips” (sweetest thing I’ve ever heard!), “Mommy & Daddy are so ready to meet you”   2. Lily attended her 2nd concert…Sugarland!  She kicked and danced the whole time.   3. Mr. S’s favorite moment of the week- during Sugarland’s “Baby Girl” song, I started crying & laughing at the same time…it is funny how a song you’ve heard a thousand times can mean something completely different when you’re having a baby girl of your own…I love her so so much!!!

"From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another."
~ John 1:16


                   

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm most impressed that you are able to write at 8:30 am. If you could see my notes from 8:30 classes, you'd have just a strong a chance to understand what I have written down than I do myself when I go back and study.

    ReplyDelete